- 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce (mine was actually unsweetened cinnamon applesauce)
- 1/4 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 c Splenda (actually calls for sugar but we were out)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c mashed ripe banana (you know the brownish ones that no one wants to eat)
- 1/2 c buttermilk (or 1/2 TBS white vinegar + enough milk to make 1/2 c and let sit for 5 minutes - that little substitution is compliments of Betty)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 bag of chocolate chips (or something like that, just add until you're happy with the chip level)
Finished giganto loaf!Oh, if you're wondering where the protein powder was in all of that, it's still up in the cabinet. With all of the other substitutions I completely forgot about it. So I have no advice for you on that front, sorry. It's a good thing I took a picture as soon as it came out of the oven since we polished off the entire loaf as snack + dinner.
If anybody has any extra cooking motivation laying around (or recipes for dinners that leave you with fewer dirty dishes than you started with), please send it my way. I've been seriously lacking in the cooking department lately and these other bananas aren't baking themselves.
And the winner of the Uprinting giveaway is Emilee (picked by random.org)! Congrats!! I've already contacted Emilee, so she'll be rolling in custom postcards soon.