21 January 2011

Recap as promised

Well, I've been feeling uninspired and haven't really wanted to blog about Hearst Castle, but since I said I would I guess I must. Not that it wasn't interesting and fun because it definitely was both of those. So here's a very quick rundown -

2 1/2 hour drive down, filled with some really great scenery. Glad I wasn't driving :)

I'm constantly amazed at the different colors of the ocean. These two pictures are taken within an hour of each other.

 Mr. Hearst had lots and lots of mulah so he built a beautiful huge retreat in the mountains near the coast.

How would you like to have a pool like this?? And it was heated, can't get much better than that.

 Happy and thankful it was warm and sunny!

Only 40-something rooms in here...no big deal.

On our way down the mountain we got to enjoy the sunset :)

So that's the shortest tour of Hearst Castle ever. If you're ever in Central California, I recommend it (the actual tour, not my 5 minute version). It's a little pricey, but there's no shortage of cool things to see at that place. He had lots of antiques imported (like those columns at the pool...those are from the 1st century!) and the history they tell you about his life and the house (if you can even call it just a house) is really interesting. And he sounded like a nice guy and very hospitable, which makes (in my mind) the story that much better.

Ok, that's all I've got. I'm loving all the crafty blogs out there, so maybe I'll try out a new project soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!