09 February 2011

Frame Week!

I didn't know it was frame week at our house, but it's working out to be that way because I made another frame. This one has been on the backburner for, mmmm, probably 2 years. I saw this frame at a craft show around the time we got married that said "Welcome to our pad," and it had frogs on it. I was in love, but I wasn't in love with the price. Before you think I'm some kind of weirdo for falling in love with a frog frame, I better explain the frog thing.

Hubs once got me a frog as a gift. Like a live one. I was as shocked as you are at the unusual present at first. Really shocked. And didn't know what to do with a frog in my dorm room. He was an African Clawed Frog, which is completely aquatic so he was basically in a big fish tank. I was slightly horrified when I saw pictures of what they looked like as adults and when I found out they could live for 15-20 years. I thought, "I could still have this frog when I'm 40...and it will look like this!?"


But then I grew to love the little guy (I really did, it is possible to love an aquatic frog!), and named him Gutsy. He was albino like the one above, but sadly, he never got that big and he's not with me today. Poor Gutsy. He got some kind of infection or something and I couldn't figure out what it was or how to fix it, so I let him go in a little creek near my parents house. He swam away, so I guess he still could be alive...it's less depressing to think that anyway. :) So frogs, I like them a lot more than I used to because of Gutsy.

Around the time I saw that frame, I saw some cute wooden frogs at the craft store and decided to make my own frame. I bought the frogs and an unfinished wood frame and a paintbrush. And that's as far as I got. Hah! I guess I was waiting to buy paint or something, who knows. Since I figured out how to use mod podge, I thought blue scrapbook paper + mod podge = I don't need to buy paint! I used rub on letters for the words.
By the way, rub on letters - definitely not my favorite way to get letters on a piece of paper!


So I mod podged the paper to the frame, then hot glued the froggies on. I made some space for the frame in a small built-in bookshelf in the living room. Ah, feels good to be finished...finally.

Aaaand now I'm feeling all nostalgic about Gutsy. So here's a picture of him chillin' by his log.
post signature

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!