30 March 2011

Nothing is safe...

Now that I figured out I can sew well enough to make socktopi and straightener covers nothing in our house is safe. We had a pile of things to take to Goodwill. But now we have a pile of things to take to Goodwill and a pile of things we don't want, but I think I might be able to use in some sort of sewing project down the road. I even saved two things from the bags I left out yesterday for some kind of charity truck to pick up (can't remember which charity now...hope it was a good cause!).

Not sure whether I should be excited about this new trend or feel bad that I'm not giving as much away. I think I would be more excited if the "storage spot" for this new Goodwill-turned-sewing project pile wasn't literally just a pile beside my dresser. It doesn't really give off a neat and tidy vibe. A random pile of clothes on the floor not looking tidy - shocking, I know!

Hubs suggested I prioritize the projects I want to tackle. Wow that's a great idea! Aaaand not as much fun as starting five different things basically all at once because I got excited. It seems like husbands are good at giving practical (although occasionally unsolicited) advice. Maybe I'll make a list today after I start a new purse.

In other news, I won a giveaway!! If you've never won one, don't lose heart. It's bound to happen eventually. And it is SO exciting when you win!!! A big thanks to Organize and Decorate Everything for hosting and to The Country Chic Cottage on Etsy for the goods! Here's what I picked out.
I can't wait to use the fabric for something! I guess I should get on with making that to-do list so I can figure out what to make. Feel free to send any brilliant ideas my way, I have about a yard of the fabric.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so glad that you posted this. You are hilarious and not alone. Ever since I made a denim rag quilt, I have not been able to donate any of my pants. In fact I have two pairs of corduroy pants that I am never going to wear,but I want to keep the material. It may seem like I have a drawer full of jeans when in fact I only wear two pairs. Anyway! As for winning a giveaway that is awesome! I have a butterfly giveaway that you might win since only eight people have commented and one is my mom! Hahaha!
    Connie
    http://thecrafterbug.blogspot.com/
    Connie
    http://thecrafterbug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations :) Winning is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy that you're having so much fun with your cool and creative projects. Nieces FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://flavorwire.com/166358/pic-of-the-day-a-fairy-tale-ball-gown-made-of-golden-books

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!