I'll just get right to it. Here are some tips:
- If you don't have one of those paint tray things (the fact that I call it a "paint tray thing" might be clue #1 that I am not good at painting), don't try painting with a roller
- Similarly, if you think you could substitute a couple paper plates for a paint tray thing, you are wrong - they do not work the same
- If your husband looks at you like you're crazy and says "don't do that" when you suggest using the roller when you have none of the necessary equipment, please please listen
- Even though you might really want to be done with what you're painting, like yesterday, don't paint three sides at once - you might have found a clever way to hold it up while you paint three sides, but how will you let it dry without holding it for hours?
- Don't ask me for advice about paint colors - I'm terrible...and indecisive, a baaaad combination for the task of picking paint
- Think twice before you use the paintbrush you got for free at a garage sale just because it's the easiest to reach...it might not be the preemo quality paintbrush you need
- Do spend time blogging about your failure and looking up potential designs to paint on your failure to try to cover it up instead of cleaning the house since company is coming over tomorrow - oh wait, no, do the opposite of that
tshirt quilt and since that won't be big enough, finish it off with a little bubble wrap!
Now to the cover-up job. Stripes, lines going every which way, a bird on a branch, and flowers have all crossed my mind when thinking of how I could minimize how much I dislike the paint color. Did I already mention I bought the paint probably 6 months ago for something else and never used it? What was I thinking with that color?? At the moment I'm thinking two dandelions although I have yet to find a decent picture to copy, if only I knew where my sister-in-law's wedding invitation was (if I even still have it) because I'm pretty sure what I'm thinking of looks a lot like the flower stamped on those.
Time to finish up this post after a good night's sleep : ) I started painting before I even had breakfast this morning and stuck with the flower/dandelion idea. I thought I better give myself some kind of guide while doing the stems so I taped one side.